Holiday Support for Military Families
Operation Holiday Joy was initially established in collaboration with Woman’s Day Magazine and their readers to raise awareness and funds for military service members and their families during the holidays.
Since 2004, Operation Holiday Joy supporters have donated more than $1.3 million to make the holidays brighter for military members and their families. Your generosity has allowed us to purchase and distribute more than 320,000 toys as well as deliver over 25,000 baskets of food for Thanksgiving and Christmas to junior enlisted families in need.
Operation Holiday Joy 2023
We are now accepting Operation Holiday Joy referrals until November 3, 2023.
Operation Holiday Joy gift baskets (bags) are distributed by referral. Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA) partners with military commands, chaplains, other military family support agencies, and school counselors to identify families (E1-E6) in need of assistance. Each military unit or command provides one point of contact to submit referrals to ASYMCA.
- Commands – Download a referral form HERE.
- Self-Referrals – If you are an E1-E6 single parent service member or a military family experiencing hardship or financial difficulties, you are welcome to self-refer your family to receive help through Operation Holiday Joy. Complete a self-referral from that reflects the ASYMCA Branch closest to you. You will pick-up your Operation Holiday Joy basket (bag) from the location you select.
- Self-referral form for the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Branch HERE
- Self-referral form for the Marine Corps Base Hawaii Branch HERE
- Self-referral form for the Wheeler Army Airfield Branch HERE
Looking for volunteers to assist with the following:
- Collect food donations and/or coordinate and execute Food Drives (or Food Ruck Marches). Here is a list of items we need.
- Organize donated food items for easy and efficient packing
- Pack and prepare bags for Thanksgiving distribution between November 13 and 16, 2023.
- Pack and prepare bags for Christmas distribution between December 11 and 15, 2023.
Contact your nearest ASYMCA Branch to volunteer or with any questions about Operation Holiday Joy.
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (808) 448-1972 or BranchDirectorPH@asymcahi.org
- Marine Corps Base Hawaii (808) 254-4719 or email@example.com
- Wheeler Army Airfield (808) 624-5645 or wheeler @asymcahi.org
Thank you for helping Armed Services YMCA as we continue Strengthening Our Military Family®.